As we are navigating a disrupted and challenging period, sometimes planning and visioning can be rather difficult! But perhaps you crave direction and some goals to guide you through 2021?
Join Conny and together we will use our imagination and a creative process called “vision cards” to explore alternative future directions and possibilities. Learn how to create a vision card and use reflective writing prompts to explore your visual collage further.
More than collecting a bunch of beautiful images, your vision card will capture what you value and how to weave it into your life.
What will we cover?
- Exploring values and experiences that have supported us so far
- Creating a vision card to capture how we might bring these aspects into our lives going forward
- Selecting images and words that speak to you
- Identifying fresh, surprising and imaginative aspects you might want to invite into your life
- Exploring your vision card with reflective writing prompts
- Deciphering the meaning behind images and determine goals and actions
- Navigating common pitfalls, such as unrealistic visions
- Tips on how to get the most out of vision cards and how to keep things real
You will leave this class with a completed vision card and some reflections.
What will you need?
- The ZOOM meeting platform on your computer, mobile or tablet device. See below for further details.
- Pen, paper or your preferred note taking device
- To make the physical vision cards:
- Glue stick
- Cards – white, plain index/system cards 127x203mm (5″ x 8″). You can also cut thick card/paper (200gsm+) or material like a cereal box to similar dimensions as the index cards
- Images to cut out from magazines, old books, brochures, catalogues, etc.
- You can also print your own photos or photos from the internet
Who will be teaching?
Conny Weyrich is a Masters qualified art therapist and creative coach. After 20 years in marketing and management, her work is now about accessing the benefits of creativity for self-awareness, mental wellbeing and personal growth. She helps her clients to connect with their creativity to find clarity during challenging times and ways of strengthening their resilience and emotional wellbeing. In her private practice Sensemaking Space, Conny works with both individuals and organisations. She offers 1-on-1 sessions, workshops and arts-based training. She also works with 1-on-1 clients online using Zoom. Conny has experience in working in mental health settings and is passionate about combining art therapy with other therapeutic or coaching frameworks to create a bespoke approach that fits her clients’ needs. You can connect with Conny via her Linkedin and Instagram.
Gift a class to friends, family or colleagues!
You can purchase digital Laneway Learning gift cards in various values with a custom short message message! All gift cards are valid for 3 years (36 months). All gift cards are flexible and can be used for in-person or online classes.
Using a gift card or class credit?
For gift cards purchased via Laneway Learning’s Humanitix digital gift card page enter the gift code as per below during checkout:
If you have a PDF/paper gift card similar to LL7777 please email our team with your voucher or details. Note: we need up to 2 business days to process your request so please choose a class at least 2 days in the future!
Before you book
Please ensure you enter your email address accurately – this is where we will send your ticket, access links and other important information about the class.
Please read our terms and conditions. By purchasing a ticket or attending a class you agree to these terms and conditions.
All our classes are live only (not recorded).
If you can’t afford our classes but would still love to come, we would still love for you to come too! We are a not-for-profit community organisation and having you at our classes is what matters. We have introduced three different prices for our regular evening classes: $14 that covers all costs, $9 sponsored tickets for those struggling and $18 ‘pay it forward’ tickets. If you can afford it please select the full price or pay it forward so we can continue sponsoring others who can’t.
This class is delivered online via ZOOM:
- ZOOM is free to install on your Windows or Mac computer and also available as an app for your mobile/tablet device.
- You will need either the meeting link or both the meeting ID plus password. You don’t need to create an account to attend a meeting!
- If you are new to ZOOM please ensure you have downloaded and installed it in advance of the class.
- Here is a link to the ZOOM support site for a 1 minute tutorial on how to join a meeting.
- You can optionally join from a device with a camera and microphone.