Come and enjoy the wonderful world of watercolour paintings!
This beginners class will teach you skills and techniques to create your own piece of watercolour art.
You will experiment with colour and shapes to create a beautiful image of colourful sunset from the comfort of your own home!
What will we cover?
- This beginner’s painting class will:
- Focus on using watercolour and illustration skills
- Cover drawing and composition
- Teach the basic of watercolour paints through a playful approach
- Help you achieve a watercolour sunset illustration!
What will you need?
- Paper – Ideally watercolour paper, but don’t worry if you don’t. Any thick paper will do.
- Hair dryer if you have one handy (speeds up drying)
Who will be teaching?
Emilie (she/her) is a Melbourne based artist and maker who moved from France in 2014. Her illustrations have been published by the Lifted Brow, and she self-published her first graphic novel in 2018 with Tree Paper Comics in Melbourne.
When she isn’t teaching with Laneway Learning, Emilie works with a range of media, from video to printmaking, 3D printing and a variety of paint mediums. Emilie is currently finishing her PhD at the VCA (Victorian College of the Arts, University of Melbourne).
Image teachers own wonderful work
Any questions or any other ways we can assist with accessibility? Feel free to email delsi (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org.