Join artist and educator Emilie and learn how to make beautiful watercolour brush calligraphy!
Mix the colours and play with the unique quality of watercolour to create flowing illustrations with letters.
You can use this technique for cards, posters, or a sweet note to slide under your lockdown neighbours door.
Emilie will share tips and techniques to use letters in composition, improve your brush skills and try different colour palettes.
What will we cover?
- What materials are good to use
- Fun warm ups
- Letter composition and structure – and how to create these with a brush
- Exploring expressive font styles and uses
- Discussing expressive composition
What will I need?
- Any watercolour paints
- Paper (watercolour paper is best but welcome to use anything you have at home)
- Closed Captions
- Early Bird Cheap Tix
- Free Tix for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreter Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Emilie (she/her) is a Melbourne based artist and maker, currently finishing her PhD at the Victorian College of the Arts. She moved from France and 2014 and has been developing her art practice since, working with a range of media, from video to printmaking and 3D printing.
Emilie is also a comic book artists. Her illustration has been published by the Lifted Brow, and she self-published her first graphic novel in 2018 with Tree Paper Comics in Melbourne.
Questions about the class or other ways we can assist with accessibility? Just email delsi (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org.