Join artist Emilie for this beautiful lunch time class where you will be painting florals from your local neighbourhood.
Emilie will guide you through the steps and methods for applying and manipulating watercolours, as well as tricks and tips to create some beautiful effects.
You will then use your new skills to paint a series of flowers or natives.
Emilie will show you a series of florals that you might like to draw inspiration from or you might like to take a little lockdown walk that morning to find some to feature in your art.
What will we cover?
This hands-on session will include:
- An introduction to the various watercolour mediums
- Appropriate papers and brushes
- An overview of each medium’s properties
- Application methods including wet-on-wet and wet-on-dry
- Various techniques for creating depth, light and dimension
What will you need?
- Paper (watercolour paper is best but anything will do)
- Watercolour pencils and/or paints
- Black fineliner (if you have one)
- Closed Captions
- Early Bird Cheap Tix
- Free Tix for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreter Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Emilie (she/her) is a Melbourne based artist and maker, currently finishing her PhD at the Victorian College of the Arts.
She moved from France and 2014 and has been developing her art practice since, working with a range of media, from video to printmaking and 3D printing.
Emilie is also a comic book artist. Her illustration has been published by the Lifted Brow, and she self-published her first graphic novel in 2018 with Tree Paper Comics in Melbourne.
Any other accessibility requests or questions? Just email delsi (she/her) at email@example.com.