Join wildlife artist Marloes and learn to paint native birds with watercolours. Marloes will guide you through the steps and methods for applying and manipulating these mediums, as well as tricks and tips to get awesomely realistic (and sometimes not so realistic) effects.
Join us for a fun session that’s a great way to start your journey into watercolour as a medium. This class welcomes absolute beginners!
What will we cover?
This hands-on online session will include:
- An introduction to the various watercolour mediums
- Appropriate papers and brushes
- An overview of each medium’s properties
- Application methods including wet-on-wet and wet-on-dry
- Various techniques for creating depth, light and dimension
- Touching on layering, glazes and colour correction
- Closed Captions
- Early Bird Cheap Tix
- Free Admission for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
What will you need?
- A reference picture at the size you wish to paint. We recommend 3 copies (A B&W copy for tonal values and 2 colour copies).
- Watercolour paper
- Watercolour pencils and/or paints
- Pencils and pencil sharpener
- Clean brushes
- Water for washing brushes.
Who will be teaching?
Marloes Bakker-Marsden is a wildlife artist who also teaches a variety of mediums at community centres, retirement communities and other locations, including in her own studio space. She enjoys sharing her skills and passions with others in a light hearted and fun way that makes the experience totally enjoyable and rewarding for everyone involved. You can find her on Instagram or her website.
Photo: Teacher’s own wonderful work
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just shoot Maddy (she/her) an email at firstname.lastname@example.org