Join wildlife artist Marloes and learn to paint beautiful botanicals with watercolours.
Marloes will guide you through the steps and methods for applying and
manipulating watercolour paints and pencils, as well as tricks and tips to get
awesomely realistic (and sometimes deliberately less realistic) effects.
Join us for a fun session that’s a great way to start your journey into watercolour as an arts medium.
What will we cover?
This hands-on session will include:
- An introduction to the various watercolour mediums
- Appropriate papers and brushes
- An overview of each medium’s properties
- Application methods including wet-on-wet and wet-on-dry
- Various techniques for creating depth, light and dimension
- Touching on layering, glazes and colour correction
What will you need?
- A reference picture at the size you wish to paint. We recommend making 3 copies – 1x B&W copy for tonal values and 2x colour copies
- Watercolour paper
- Watercolour pencils and/or paints
- Pencils and pencil sharpener
- Clean brushes
- Water for washing brushes
- Optional: a black waterproof fine-liner pen such as Uni Pin – not all fine-liners are waterproof
- Closed Captions
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Marloes (she/her) is a wildlife artist who also teaches a variety of art mediums at community centres, retirement communities and other locations, including in her own studio space.
She enjoys sharing her skills and passions with others in a light hearted and fun way that makes the experience totally enjoyable and rewarding for everyone involved. You can find her on Instagram or her website.
Questions about the class or other ways we can assist with accessibility? Just email Maddy (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org.