Join artist Marloes and learn how to play with watercolours to create some adorable cupcake art.
Marloes will guide you through the steps and methods for applying and manipulating watercolour paints, as well as tricks and tips to get awesomely realistic (and sometimes not so realistic) effects.
Join us for a fun session that’s a great way to start your journey into watercolour as a medium.
What will we cover?
This hands-on session will include:
- An introduction to the various watercolour mediums
- Appropriate papers and brushes
- An overview of each medium’s properties
- Application methods including wet-on-wet and wet-on-dry
- Various techniques for creating depth, light and dimension
- Touching on layering and colour correction
What will you need?
- Watercolour paper
- Watercolour pencils and/or paints
- Pencils and pencil sharpener
- Clean brushes
- Water for washing brushes
- Black fineliner
- Closed Captions
- Early Bird Cheap Tix
- Free Tix for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreter Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Marloes (she/her) is a self taught artist who has been exploring the world of art since childhood, her current art practice is mostly focused on drawing and painting wildlife (and rocks).
She teaches a across a variety of mediums at community centres, retirement communities and other locations, including in her own studio space, sharing her skills and passions with others in a light hearted and fun way that makes the experience totally enjoyable and rewarding for everyone involved. Find her on Instagram or her website.
Any other accessibility requests or questions? Just email delsi (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org.