What’s it all about?
This class is for anyone wishing to reconnect with the wonderful times in our childhood when we used to love drawing – probably dinosaurs, fire trucks and princesses.
Join Amandine to rekindle this love of drawing by reversing the self-consciousness and doubt in our abilities. Instead, we will think again as we did as children – full of imagination and creativity – bursting onto the page!
What will we cover?
In this class we will:
- Help you regain confidence in your drawing skills
- Forget about rules and theories like proportions and perspectives
- Reframe what a “good drawing” might mean for you
- Do a few drawing exercises
- Step out of your comfort zone while having fun.
- Reconnect with your lost drawing skills!
What will you need?
- Paper, pens, colour pencils, markers.
Who will be teaching?
At age 4, Amandine Thomas announced to a bewildered family that she would become a children’s book illustrator, and grew up writing short stories that she illustrated and compiled in crooked, clumsily stapled booklets.
Fast forward to present-day, and not much has changed: now an award-winning illustrator, she writes and illustrates children’s books, and contributes to various publications from one side of the globe to the other.