What’s it all about?
The things you can create with a single sheet of paper!
Join Marloes in exploring the unique craft of pop-ups and origami architecture. Learn some amazing things you can create with one sheet of paper!
Come dive into the world of 3D pop-ups and origami architecture to discover how to make delicate sculptural forms that play with light and dimensions, including an adorable pop-up “Santa hug” card you can send to friends and family!
What will we cover?
- Be guided through the process of making your own pop-ups
- Explore various formats, patterns and styles
- Learn simple cutting and folding techniques
- Make a few different pop-ups forms together, including an adorable pop-up “Santa hug” card you can send to friends and family!
What will you need?
- Heavyweight paper – something thick enough to hold its form but thin enough to cut easily by hand eg: watercolour paper or thin card stock (approx 120 – 200gsm)
- A sharp craft knife
- A cutting surface such as a cutting mat or some cardboard to protect your table
- Sharp pencils eg. HB, 2H or similar (and a pencil sharpener)
- A ruler
- Something sticky such as glue, glue stick or double-sided tape
- Some tape eg. cello or masking tape
Who will be teaching?
Artist Marloes Bakker-Marsden teaches a variety of mediums at community centres, retirement communities and other locations, including in her own studio space. She enjoys sharing her skills and passions with others in a light-hearted and fun way that makes the experience totally enjoyable and rewarding for everyone involved. You can find her on Instagram or her website.