This class has different price options for those affected by the pandemic, click the register button above and see the different options.
What’s it all about?
Planning and visioning our futures can feel impossible in today’s unpredictable world. Many of us crave direction and some goals to guide us. But navigating this disrupted and challenging year has been hard.
In this class, we’ll use our imagination and a creative process called ‘vision cards’. With these, we will explore alternative future directions, potential and possibilities. Learn how to create a great vision card.
What will we cover?
Our imagination is one of our greatest resources and energizes us. We will begin our exploration with values and experiences that have supported us so far. By creating a Vision Card we will capture how we might bring these aspects into our lives going forward.
The class will guide you through an intuitive process:
- Selecting images and words that speak to you.
- Navigating common pitfalls, such as creating a vision that turns out to be unrealistic.
- Identify fresh, surprising and imaginative aspects you might want to invite into your life.
- Exploring your Vision Card with reflective writing prompts that will help you decipher the meaning behind images and determine goals and actions.
You will leave this class with a completed Vision Card and some reflections. We will also provide some tips on how to get the most out of vision cards and how to keep things real. This is more than collecting a bunch of beautiful images; Your Vision Card will capture what you have learned in current circumstances and how to weave it into your life and future.
What will you need?
- Images from magazines, books, websites, personal photos, brochures or catalogues
- No need to cut up prior to class, this will be part of our process. Just have materials ready.
- If you do come across images that speak to you before the class, feel free to start collecting them.
- Paper cards such as plain index cards or system cards eg. 127 x 203mm (5″x 8″)
- You can find them at Officeworks or selected newsagents
- Or make your own cut to similar dimensions from packaging like a cereal box or sturdy paper (suggested 200gsm+)
- Glue stick
Who will be teaching?
Conny Weyrich is a Masters qualified art therapist and creative coach. Building on 20 years of experience in marketing and management, her focus is now accessing the benefits of creativity for self-awareness, mental wellbeing and personal growth. She helps her clients to connect with their creativity to find clarity during challenging times and strengthen their resilience and emotional wellbeing.
With experiences in working in mental health settings, Conny is passionate about combining art therapy and other therapeutic or coaching frameworks to create a bespoke approach that fits her clients’ needs.
Conny has her own private practice Sensemaking Space, where she works with both individuals and organisations offering 1-on-1 sessions, workshops and arts-based training. She is available to work 1-on-1 with clients online via Zoom.