Watercolour painting is a fun and forgiving art form, creating expressive images in a relaxing application.
Come and learn more about watercolour paints as you pick up a brush and try your hand at flowers and foliage, and composing them into beautiful wreaths. They make beautiful handmade gifts and cards for any occasion, and there’s inspiration all year round as the seasons and gardens change in your neighbourhood.
This relaxing class is suitable for absolute beginners.
What will we cover?
In this class we will cover:
- Some simple basic watercolour techniques – paint techniques and brush techniques.
- Practising with different paper types.
- How to paint soothing leafy and floral elements.
- Learn to create your own wreath designs.
- How to put together your watercolour wreath composition.
All materials provided, just come and have fun!
- Wheelchair Accessible Space
- Quiet Spaces
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreters Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Anita (she/her) is a local artist based in Reservoir. She creates floral arrangements and designs with dried used flowers. She has also been painting and drawing for over 15 years.
Her love for flowers and painting came together and led her to discover the fantasy world of watercolour wreath painting. She wants to introduce more people to the creative and therapeutic floral watercolour painting and explore the journey together.
Image: Anita’s students’ artwork.
Questions about the class or other ways we can assist with accessibility? Just email Maddy (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org.