**This event is Sold Out but will run again at 6:15pm on Thurs 15th Feb**
Come and learn how to design and carve your own wooden cheese knife!
Learn about different woods and grain, how to use wood carving tools, and put it all to the test to make a handcrafted knife to suit whatever cheese you please!
At the end of the workshop you will have your own special knife that you can take home and use with pride!
What will we cover?
In this hands-on and informative class, we will:
- Begin with a discussion on types of wood, a guide for the tools you will be using during class, and a general overview of various wooden carving techniques.
- You will get the chance to practice the correct usage of hand tools and feel confident in making your very own cheese knife.
- After you have the basic understanding required to carve, Alma will lead you in using different carving knives to make the knife you have designed.
- At the end of the class, you will get to take home a one-of-a-kind hand-made object that will last a lifetime.
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Quiet Spaces
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Alma (she/her) is an industrial designer making furniture, carving spoons and other timber projects in her workshop in Melbourne, Australia.
More than ever before, she is eager to share her knowledge and experience with any timber enthusiasts out there.
Have a question or other ways we can assist with accessibility? Just shoot an email us at email@example.com.