Jesmonite is a water-based and eco-friendly resin, which is non-toxic and has no dangerous fumes. It’s a versatile casting material, with diverse colours, textures and finishes.
Put this material to enjoyable use and learn how to create your own colourful trinket tray.
This is a beginner-friendly class with all materials provided – just come and have fun! Create your own tray and learn all the steps to recreate it at home as well.
What we will cover?
In this hands-on workshop we will cover:
- An introduction to Jesmonite
- Casting a trinket tray using silicone moulds
- Instructions on how to create marble effect
- Instructions on how to make terrazzo chips
- Instructions on how to use gold foil
- How to use Jesmonite at home
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Cheaper Early Bird Tickets
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Maddy (she/her) is a crafty hobbyist based in Narrm who has a big
heart for colour, expression and over-the-top jewellery. She enjoys
working with all sorts of materials and mediums, and repurposing
everyday items into expressions of art and fashion. As a musician, these
wonky and not-so-wonky creations often find their way onto stages
Maddy also enjoys carving and printing lino cuts, paper collage, and combining the two.
Photo: teacher Sarah Ooi and student works
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just shoot Maddy (she/her) an email at email@example.com.