Let’s make a trendy fibre wall art!
We’ll learn two quick and simple weaving techniques that you can use in any project.
Soumak is easy, builds quite fast and you can finish large projects in no time. Roving wool weaving is similar but uses unprocessed yarns and larger fibres.
In this class we’ll learn both techniques and go home with our lovely handmade wall art.
What will we cover?
- Materials and getting your project started
- Setting up a circular or linear weave
- Weaving techniques:
- Finishing touches
- Tips and tricks/ troubleshooting
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
- Free Tix for First Nation Attendees
- Early Bird Cheaper Tickets
Who will be teaching?
Maria Yebra (She/her) is a confessed craft addict. She enjoys learning new crafts and techniques but always comes back to crochet and macrame as her first loves. In addition to crafting, she also has a passion for scuba diving, cooking, indoor plants (follow her crazy plant person journey at @malayebra) and running Laneway Learning.
Photo: Teacher’s own wonderful work
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just shoot Maddy (she/her) an email at email@example.com.