What’s it all about?
Crochet ain’t just for your grandma. From accessories to amiguri and crazy teapot covers, crochet is for the young and old alike. After this class, you’ll be able to craft in no time, all the yarn necklaces and tiny potted cacti your heart desires!
What will we cover?
- How to hold your crochet hook and how to tie a slip knot
- Learn how to ‘chain’ – the basis of all crochet projects
- The single and (time permitting) double crochet stitches.
This class is suitable for absolute beginners or anyone returning to crocheting wanting a refresher.
What will you need?
- A crochet hook (4.5 or 5mm works best but whatever you have at home)
- A ball of yarn (8-ply is good but any you have at home will do)
Who will be teaching?
Maria Yebra has crafted many weird and wonderful things since getting hooked on crochet, and she shows no signs of stopping! In addition to crochet and crafting, she also has a passion for cooking and baking, light painting, Spanish shoes and running Laneway Learning.