What’s it all about?
Have you ever wanted to:
- Cut the cost of your grocery bill?
- Become more self-sufficient?
- Have more input or control of what you eat?
- Avoid pesticides?
- Contribute to sustainability?
- Learn about worms?
Perhaps you thought it wasn’t possible because your best mate, his sister, a drum kit (and your two cats) share a bedsit in a high-rise apartment block in the middle of the city?
What will we cover?
Simple, succinct and practical How To’s that are focused on growing/sharing/fertilising your own food in urban dwellings (small spaces, apartments) and communities.
**This class is aimed at inner-city dwellers and those with small growing spaces and not a general gardening / veggie patch / farming class**
We will begin with enough basic information to get you started on your grow-know:
- Basic gardening hygiene (more than enough to get growing)
- What and how to successfully grow in containers during the winter months
- Sprouting & microgreens (supplying you nutritious tucker all year)
- Equipment, start-up costs and requirements: how to make and source your own
- Photos, videos and real-life examples
- More resources than you could poke a garden stake at
Time permitting we may even get to cover other (more challenging) skills like:
- Small worm farms and bench top composts
- Seed saving
Who will be teaching?
The Green Genie (GG for short) is all for empowering healthy people for a healthy planet. She loves to share her wealth of experience in small space gardening, green cleaning, DIY cosmetics & perfumes, quality self-care and massage. Let her lead you up the garden path to a fresh, fun approach to sustainable living and self-sufficiency.