Have you ever enthusiastically loaned a favourite book to a friend, housemate, family member and it never came back? You need an ex-libris!
Ex-libris are stamps that are used to mark books from a collection, usually used by libraries. In this class you’ll learn how to design and make your very own custom ex-libris stamp!
You’ll learn to design specifically for stamps with clear examples to follow. You’ll get to carve your own stamp, learn to ink it and print with it, and start marking your own book collection. Never lose a book again with your own unique personalised ex-libris stamp.
This class offers a great introduction to printmaking techniques. Stamps are also a great craft for those who are not confident about their drawing skills.
Beginner friendly class!
What we will cover?
In this hands on workshop we will learn how to:
- Design in black & which for stamps
- Adapt our ideas into a stamp-like design
- Carve your own stamps from a 5×5 rubber block
- Learn everything about the material, inks and stamp design
What will I need?
- All materials provided
- Feel free to come with a design idea in mind!
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Cheaper Early Bird Tickets
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
Who will be teaching?
Tish Hautea is a Filipino visual artist focusing on printmaking and mixed media. Her works have been exhibited in Asia
in Melbourne. She conducts basic printmaking workshops focusing on
community building through learning and sharing. See more of her work at
www.tishhauteaart.com or on Instagram.
Image: Emilie Walsh @c_o_u_l_e_u_r
Have a question or other ways we can assist with accessibility? Feel free to email Maddy (she/her) at email@example.com.