Come and join host of Joy94.9 Triple Bi Pass and Bi+ Community Leader, Ruby, to learn about what it really means to be a bisexual person in 2021!
Come and find community, discuss bi+ issues you may have been pondering and connect with other wonderful bi+ people!
This is also a great workshop for anyone who has bi+ people within their life who they would like to better support!
What will we cover?
In this workshop you will learn:
– Bi+ 101
– Why it is super wonderful to be bi
– Definitions, common misunderstandings, and labels
– How to connect more with community
– What the mental health stats are saying about the bisexual experience in 2021
– What is Biphobia and duel discrimination for bi+ people
– Closed Captions
– Auslan Interpreter upon Request
– Discounted Early Bird Tickets
– Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
Who will be teaching?
Ruby (they/them) works in community development and inclusion for Bi+ and LGBTIQA+ People with Disability as a project coordinator, peer researcher and facilitator and consultant.
As well as co-hosting Triple Bi-Pass, a weekly radio show and podcast on Joy 94.9, they currently serve as Vice President of the Melbourne Bisexual Network and the administrator of the Bi+ Community of Melbourne Facebook group.