Want to get your hands in some soil?
Well leading up to Winter is the perfect time to get stuck into veggie gardening!
Come and learn how to grow your own fresh and tasty vegetables to share with your loved ones!
This introductory course will provide the novice gardener with all the knowledge they need to have success on your plate.
What will we cover?
This online course will cover the fundamentals of a successful vegetable garden:
- Why you might grow your own veggies
- Some basics about plants and plant needs
- How to choose the location of your vegetable garden
- How to create a vegetable garden bed
- Different types of crops and how to choose
- When and how to plant your crops, including crop rotation
- How to maintain your vegetable bed
- When and how to harvest your crop
- How to save seeds for your next crop
What to bring
- A notepad and pen
- Closed Captions
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreters Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Pat (he/him) is Horticultural Masters candidate, permaculturalist, landscape designer, veggie grower, native plant enthusiast, house plant hoarder and all round green thumb Patrick Cazaly.
You can find out more about Patrick on his website.
Questions about the class or other ways we can assist with accessibility? Just email delsi (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org.