What’s it all about?
Bhangra is a folk dance from Punjab, India and it is the dance of celebration!
It is also an absolute mood booster, super fun and an aerobic workout with a very strong style. Join Joshinder as she guides you through the moves, grooves and steps to this awesome dance style. By the end of the class you may be wiping a little sweat off the brow but that smile won’t wipe off!
What will we cover?
This workshop cover:
- Introduction to the dance style and region
- Introduction to the music (which is very cool)
- Basic footwork
- Basic arm movements
- Learning a short fun choreography putting everything together and have a celebration dance!
What will you need?
- Enough space to comfortably move and dance
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- A drink bottle
Who will be teaching?
Joshinder Chaggar has been teaching dance for over 18 years. A passionate performer and teacher, her main focus in class is to make sure everyone has a lot of fun. Her expertise is with teaching beginners, and breaking down everything so that it is relatable. She currently teaches Bhangra for beginners which you can find on her website.