A carbon roadmap is a way for any organisaiton, building or school to start or enhance their effort towards carbon-neutral, net-zero or carbon-positive future.
As Group Head of Sustainability and Global Citizenship, your teacher d’Arcy has worked internationally with school communities – students, heads of schools and the corporate world – to help their wider communities establish a carbon roadmap with active participation and understanding from all involved.
At the end of the session you should have a good sense of what a carbon roadmap is, the key components and concepts and how you can bring this into your school, institution, business or organisation.
What will we cover?
In this session we will offer:
- An overview of a carbon roadmap and the three key components – measure, reduce and offset – for working towards carbon neutral and net zero targets.
- Important yet basic vocabulary, terms and concepts of carbon roadmapping (including greenhouse gas types and sources)
- An exploration of the behavioural change, communications and community engagement required to make the carbon-neutral endeavour an effective, collective effort.
What will you need?
- Pen and paper
- Curiosity and a willingness to ask questions!
- Closed Captions
- Early Bird Cheap Tickets
- Free Tix for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreter Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
d’Arcy Lunn is enriched and enthusiastic about simple living. ‘Happy, simply’ came after 19 years and over 90 countries of learning and experiencing that less can be more (when you get to choose it).
For him the project and this workshop is about sharing the learning he has received from his experiences with the world’s poorest and apply them in the developed world, where we can choose sustainability, self-sufficiency and simplicity and be richer for it. Check out his blog, Facebook page and even a video from ABC online.
Any other accessibility requests or questions? Just email Maddy (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org