Want to learn how to better support and respect the trans and/or gender diverse people in your life?
Join two experienced trainers from the Zoe Belle Gender Collective who will provide a safe and respectful learning environment to explore what it means to be a trans and/or gender diverse young person.
What will we cover?
In a gentle learning environment, gain knowledge and understanding about:
- How to best support trans and gender diverse young people.
- Trans and gender diverse identities and experiences
- Appropriate language use
- How to be a great ally
- How to navigate affirmation and supporting trans and gender diverse family and friends.
What should I bring?
- Please bring your fabulous self and any questions and topics you’d like to explore.
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Quiet Spaces
- Discounted Early Bird tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreter upon Request
Who will be Teaching?
Sara (they/them) is a proud Non Binary, Bi+ advocate, artist and health worker. Simultaneously fierce and anxious, they wear many hats to combat inequalities within LGBTIA+ communities. Sara works with ZBGC running training, creating content and admiring Starlady’s latest fashion. They also be host the monthly LGBTI Elders Dance Club with All the Queens Men and run the emerging not for profit Qrise, which is dedicated to eliminating mental health inequalities among LGBTQIA+ young Australians through mental health training, youth development programs and peer support.
Rory Blundell (they/them/he/him) is a Wiradjuri non-binary activist who has extensive experience working across the LGBTIQA+ sector, particularly in youth advocacy. Rory has worked for a number of LGBTIQA+ organisations and programs, including Minus18, Safe Schools Coalition Australia, Family Planning NSW and Drummond Street Services. Rory is passionate about respectful & inclusive practice embedded in self-determination
Any other questions or accessibility requests? Shoot an email to delsi (she/her) at email@example.com.