Macramé, or the art of knotting, is having a swift revival since the 70s. The great thing is it’s easy, affordable and you don’t need any tools. Spice up any room with a wall art or planter!
You can use all sorts of material for macrame but single twist cotton rope is the most traditional. In this class, Maria will teach you how to make a pouch planter from scratch so you, your apartment and your plants are ready for all those Spring blossoms.
What will we cover?
- How to prepare your materials and design
- How to make the following macrame knots:
- Gathering knot
- Square knot
- Half square knot
- Finishing touches
What will you need?
- Rope or thick yarn
- A branch or stick (thick enough to hold your planter)
- A pair of scissors
- Optional: a pot plant you’d like to hang, macrame style.
Who will be teaching?
Maria Yebra has crafted many cute and weird things in her life from fox hoodies to bias tape planters, wax skulls and cat rings. She loves to upcycle and has an extensive collection of loved “junk” she plans to turn into something useful one day.
Questions about the class? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gift a class to friends, family or colleagues!
You can purchase digital Laneway Learning gift cards in various values with a custom short message message! All gift cards are valid for 3 years (36 months). All gift cards are flexible and can be used for in-person or online classes.
Using a gift card or class credit?
For gift cards purchased via Laneway Learning’s Humanitix digital gift card page enter the gift code as per below during checkout:
If you have a PDF/paper gift card similar to LL7777 please email our team with your voucher or details. Note: we need up to 2 business days to process your request so please choose a class at least 2 days in the future!
Before you book
Please ensure you enter your email address accurately – this is where we will send your ticket, access links and other important information about the class.
Please read our terms and conditions. By purchasing a ticket or attending a class you agree to these terms and conditions.
All our classes are live only (not recorded).
If you can’t afford our classes but would still love to come, we would still love for you to come too! We are a not-for-profit community organisation and having you at our classes is what matters. We have introduced three different prices for our regular evening classes: $14 that covers all costs, $9 sponsored tickets for those struggling and $18 ‘pay it forward’ tickets. If you can afford it please select the full price or pay it forward so we can continue sponsoring others who can’t.
This class is delivered online via ZOOM:
- ZOOM is free to install on your Windows or Mac computer and also available as an app for your mobile/tablet device.
- You will need either the meeting link or both the meeting ID plus password. You don’t need to create an account to attend a meeting!
- If you are new to ZOOM please ensure you have downloaded and installed it in advance of the class.
- Here is a link to the ZOOM support site for a 1 minute tutorial on how to join a meeting.
- You can optionally join from a device with a camera and microphone.
The featured image is borrowed and edited, with thanks, from Photo by André François McKenzie on Unsplash under a Creative Commons license.