Origami is the art of paper folding, deriving from Japanese words ori (folding) and kami (paper). Join us and learn how to make the most traditional shape: the crane as well as fun lucky stars. After we have learnt how to fold them we’ll design our own mobile with twigs or branches and get lots of tips and tricks to make your mobile pop.
What will we cover?
In this class, we’ll learn
- Paper considerations, materials and inspiration
- How to fold an origami crane
- How to fold a lucky star
- How to create your own mobile or wall hanging
- We’ll get started hanging our first cranes or stars
What will you need?
- Coloured paper or newspaper or magazines – if you have traditional origami paper even better but not necessary
- White thread or fishing line
- Small beads or buttons (to create weight)
- Needle and scissors
- Sticks, branches or strong wire to create the mobile (optional)
Who will be teaching?
Maria Yebra has crafted many cute and weird things in her life from fox hoodies to bias tape planters, wax skulls and cat rings. She loves to upcycle and has an extensive collection of loved “junk” she plans to turn into something useful one day.
Questions about the class? Please email email@example.com.
Gift a class to friends, family or colleagues!
You can purchase digital Laneway Learning gift cards in various values with a custom short message message! All gift cards are valid for 3 years (36 months). All gift cards are flexible and can be used for in-person or online classes.
Using a gift card or class credit?
For gift cards purchased via Laneway Learning’s Humanitix digital gift card page enter the gift code as per below during checkout:
If you have a PDF/paper gift card similar to LL7777 please email our team with your voucher or details. Note: we need up to 2 business days to process your request so please choose a class at least 2 days in the future!
Before you book
Please ensure you enter your email address accurately – this is where we will send your ticket, access links and other important information about the class.
Please read our terms and conditions. By purchasing a ticket or attending a class you agree to these terms and conditions.
All our classes are live only (not recorded).
If you can’t afford our classes but would still love to come, we would still love for you to come too! We are a not-for-profit community organisation and having you at our classes is what matters. We have introduced three different prices for our regular evening classes: $14 that covers all costs, $9 sponsored tickets for those struggling and $18 ‘pay it forward’ tickets. If you can afford it please select the full price or pay it forward so we can continue sponsoring others who can’t.
This class is delivered online via ZOOM:
- ZOOM is free to install on your Windows or Mac computer and also available as an app for your mobile/tablet device.
- You will need either the meeting link or both the meeting ID plus password. You don’t need to create an account to attend a meeting!
- If you are new to ZOOM please ensure you have downloaded and installed it in advance of the class.
- Here is a link to the ZOOM support site for a 1 minute tutorial on how to join a meeting.
- You can optionally join from a device with a camera and microphone.