Would you like to learn to make your own silver jewellery?
Learn the fundamentals of the wax casting process to make your own pendant and earrings!
We will learn the basics of wax working techniques, as well as very simple metal finishing skills.
At the end of this two part workshop you will walk away with your own pair of silver earrings and pendant!
What will we cover?
In this two-week class you will learn:
- The technique of “lost wax casting”
- How to work with the wax and emboss, imprint or carve your design to create jewellery
- About different waxes
- How to make a pendant in wax
- How to clean up and finish wax cast pieces
- Different tools to use for polishing metal
- Basic hand finish for silver
This is a two-week class with the first part taking place on both 3 Aug and Aug 10.
Please come at the same time in the second week as you do in the first.
The price of silver is NOT included, because it will vary depending on the size of the jewellery (and the number of items) you make.
Silver costs are based on the size and weight of the finished item and can range between a few dollars to hundreds, this will be explained in the class and you will have full control over this cost in class.
– Wheelchair Accessible Venue
– Gender Neutral Bathrooms
– Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
– Discounted Early Bird Tickets
– Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
– Quiet Spaces
Who will be teaching?
Qing has been creating her own art and jewellery projects for over 15 years, during which she created custom projects and taught her skills to people of all age groups.
Her favorite mediums to work with are paper, fabric and shiny beads; items allowing the freedom to do bold and detailed work alike.
Have a question about the class or other ways we can assist with accessibility? Just email delsi (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org.