Wake up your body and mind each morning with a fun 5-minute self-massage. Get the blood flowing, loosen up your muscles and release tension.
We learn a daily routine developed by Ralph over 40 years of practice on himself, clients and teaching others. Based on Japanese Do-In, acupressure, Feldenkrais and western massage.
Feeling sluggish in the morning? This is the perfect way to pleasantly get your life energy flowing.
What will we cover?
In this class we will:
- Give an introduction to principles of eastern and western massage
- Learn safe, gentle massage techniques of stroking, kneading, deep pressure and manipulation
- Learn and practise techniques for each part of the body, from head to foot
- Learn and do the whole sequence so you can include this wonderful practice in your daily routine
- Discover how to start the day with loving kindness to your own body and being
What to bring
- A chair
- Closed Captions
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Ralph Hadden (he/him) as founder and director of the Melbourne School of Tactile Therapies, pioneered massage therapist education in Australia from the 1970s to the 1990s. Ralph is a certified Feldenkrais practitioner, practising in Melbourne. He is one of Australia’s most experienced Feldenkraisers, having been teaching since 1988.
He offers his own workshops, weekly classes and individual sessions, helping his clients recover from injury, build health and relaxation and improve performance at work and play. He has presented for many organisations including CAE, Arthritis Foundation, Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, the Gawler Foundation and RMIT. He teaches with clarity, respect and good humour, combining fun with serious learning. You can visit his website or Facebook page.
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just email delsi (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org