This class has different price options for those affected by the pandemic, click the register button above and see the different options
What’s it all about?
Would you like to draw a portrait of your pet or other favourite animal but don’t know where to begin? Perhaps you’re not sure what materials you should use or how to create fur textures? Join us to get some answers, and begin your first pet portrait.
What will we cover?
- Learn where to start your pet portrait
- How to work from photos successfully (as the darlings rarely sit still long enough)
- How to choose a pose and create your composition
- What materials you could use and some pros and cons
What will you need?
- Photos of your pet or chosen animal – ideally 2 x A4 sized photocopies: 1 x colour plus 1 x black and white (you will draw on this)
- Paper (watercolour paper if you intend to use paints)
- Your favourite graphite/lead pencil, charcoals and your choice of colour medium (eg. pencils, pens or pastels)
Who will be teaching?
Marloes Bakker-Marsden is a wildlife artist who also teaches a variety of mediums at community centres, retirement communities and other locations, including in her own studio space. She enjoys sharing her skills and passions with others in a light hearted and fun way that makes the experience totally enjoyable and rewarding for everyone involved. You can find her on Instagram or her website.