What’s it all about?
Broths and soups can be a quick, yummy way of eating more liquids and veggies. It’s a useful way to replenish our energy, increase our vitality and reset our systems. Chef Ameet will go through some important and useful detox style soups and broths designed for flavour, versatility and ease.
Come to this class and be equiped with the knowledge to create your own delicious healthy brews that you can use to give your body a wellness boost.
What will we cover?
- Types of ingredients and their uses
- Portion control and serving
- Turmeric broth and other recipes
- Variations and additional boosters
- More tips and tricks
We will learn to make one easy and tasty broth and you’re invited to cook live on ZOOM with Ameet.
What will you need?
For those who are cooking live, please have the following ingredients ready to make the turmeric broth:
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil or ghee
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoons grated or finely minced fresh ginger
- 4-5 garlic cloves, grated or finely minced
- 1-2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt (approx)
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups veggie or chicken stock
- Squeeze of lime juice or lemon juice ( to taste)
- Pot which is deep enough for 6 or more cups of water
- Chopping board and knife
- Ladle/Stirring spoon
- Teaspoon and other utensils you feel you may need
Who will be teaching?
This class will be taught by Chef Ameet who is passionate about food, ingredients and nutrition. Ameet has spent the last decade working in kitchens across Malaysia, New Zealand and Melbourne. He is currently working on his blog and catering on a small scale while navigating the current worldwide situation.
Follow Chef Ameet on Instagram.