Would you like to adorn your walls with a piece of canvas art that reads TRANS PRIDE or FEMME 4 FEMME?
Maybe you’d like to spend a chill night relaxing with other like minded humans doing something cute and crafty?
Come and spend an evening with ex-teacher/Unicorns party creator delsi and learn how to make a super queer piece of embroidery canvas art.
delsi will take you through step by step how to design and create your canvas embroidery creation – that you will take away at the end of the night!
There will be lots of patterns to choose from but feel free to bring in your own picture for inspiration!
What will we cover?
This is a hands on class where you’ll go home with your own craft creation.
- Queer slogans throughout history
- Canvas painting techniques
- How to design your own embroidery canvas
- Embroidery techniques and tips
All materials will be supplied.
What should I bring?
- A4 printed reference image (this is optional – we will have heaps for you to choose from)
- Some sparkly queer energy
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Quiet Spaces
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be Teaching?
delsi (she/her) is a proud queer femme lady who loves nothing more than snuggling with her cat whilst making cute stitching art.
delsi is an ex-highschool teacher turned LGBTQIA+ Inclusion Trainer, Director of the LGBTQIA+ party org Unicorns, Marriage Celebrant and Manager here at Laneway Learning.
She also loves the colour pink, eco-gitter, documentaries, reality TV dating shows, latex outfits and disco!