What’s it all about?
Discover the pleasure of writing with (ex-journalist) Michelle in this class that will unleash your imagination in ways you may not have expected! Let her take you on a delightful journey, exploring intriguing sensory and improvisational writing methods.
- Learn tips and methods used by the professionals to write stories worth reading
- Release your inner storyteller
- Discover (or re-discover) the joy that can come from writing your own adventures and stories
- Let your imagination and creativity run wild and write stores that are a joy to read
What will we cover?
In this class you will:
- Learn the skill of ‘sensory writing’
- Learn to write in response to quick-fire prompts.
- Improvise and adapt to new information with “plot twist bingo” techniques.
- Challenge yourself to continue a narrative, and take the story in new directions with “page turner” tried and true methods.
Who will be teaching?
Michelle is a media advisor and ex-journalist with bylines in The Guardian, ABC and Yahoo7 News. She has reported internationally and travelled across the Asia Pacific shooting for the Japanese newspaper The Asahi Shimbun. Prior to being a journalist, she was a lawyer, quiz show TV writer for ‘The Chase’ Australia and a TV presenter on the ABC quiz show Think Tank.