What’s it all about?
Join Jenny to learn recipes for two comfort food treats which happen to be vegan and quite healthy! This is the perfect class for those of us stuck at home but looking for a healthy version of our favourite snacks so you can feel a little less guilty on the next trip to the fridge or pantry. These are so yummy they could become addictive!
What will we cover?
This is a cooking demonstration and you are invited to cook-along at home. You will learn how to make these yummy ‘Tim Tams’ and chocolate brownies as well as receive tips for making other vegan desserts that are equally delicious.
What will you need?
Jenny prefers organic ingredients but that’s a personal choice.
Ingredients for vegan ‘Tim Tams’:
- Light coconut cream (chilled)
- 70% dark chocolate
- Maple syrup
- Lotus Biscoff biscuit pairs (or similar)
Ingredients for vegan brownies:
- A 400-420g can of no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed (or 1½ cups of cooked black beans)
- 1 cup pure date syrup (or substitute)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Rolled oats
- Baking powder
- Teaspoon baking soda
- Optional: unsalted pistachio nuts (or your choice of nut), finely chopped
- Optional: (vegan) semi sweet chocolate pieces
- A blender
- 20-23cm cake tin
- An oven
- A microwave and bowl (to melt chocolate).
- Basic kitchen tools.
Who will be teaching it?
Jenny Ashby has been a plant-based eater for two years and enjoys turning her favourite recipes (especially desserts) into delicious plant-based healthy treats.