Join us to explore the world of watercolour pencils as well as traditional watercolours!
Marloes will guide you through the steps and methods of applying and manipulating these mediums. We will explore and understand some tricks and tips to achieve awesome, realistic and sometimes not so realistic effects.
In this hands-on session you’ll be guided through various techniques but most of all it’ll be a fun way to start your journey into watercolour as a medium.
What will we cover?
- Introduction and overview of the various watercolour mediums and their properties
- Application methods – wet on wet, wet on dry etc
- Appropriate papers and brushes
- Touching on layering, glazes and colour correction
- Learning about ways to create depth, light and dimension
What will you need?
- Paper (watercolour paper is best)
- Watercolours – pencils and or paints
- Closed Captions
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Marloes (she/her) is a wildlife artist who also teaches a variety of mediums at community centres, retirement communities and other locations, including in her own studio space.
She enjoys sharing her skills and passions with others in a light hearted and fun way that makes the experience totally enjoyable and rewarding for everyone involved. You can find her on Instagram.
Photo artists own wonderful work
Questions about the class or other ways we can assist with accessibility? Just email delsi (she/her) at email@example.com.