Join us and explore the world of watercolours and given the season we will create a beautiful watercolour botanical wreath!
Marloes will guide you through the steps and methods for applying and manipulating these mediums, as well as tricks and tips to get awesomely realistic (and sometimes not so realistic) effects to create leaves and flowers.
Join us for this fun session that’s a great way to start your journey into watercolouring.
What will we cover?
- An introduction to the various watercolour mediums
- Appropriate papers and brushes
- An overview of each medium’s properties
- Application methods including wet-on-wet and wet-on-dry
- Various techniques for creating various leaves, flowers and layers of botanicals
- Touching on layering, glazes and colour correction
What will you need for this class?
- The ZOOM meeting platform on your computer, mobile or tablet device. See below for further details.
- A reference picture at the size you wish to paint
- Watercolour paper – Recommend 300gsm
- Watercolour paints
- Clean brushes and water for washing brushes
Who will be teaching?
Marloes Bakker-Marsden is a self-taught artist who has been exploring the world of art since childhood. Her current art practise is mostly focused on drawing and painting wildlife and rocks. She teaches a variety of mediums at community centres, retirement communities and other locations, including in her own studio space. She enjoys sharing her skills and passions with others in a light-hearted and fun way that makes the experience totally enjoyable and rewarding for everyone involved. You can find her on Instagram or her website.
Gift a class to friends, family or colleagues!
You can purchase digital Laneway Learning gift cards in various values with a custom short message message! All gift cards are valid for 3 years (36 months). All gift cards are flexible and can be used for in-person or online classes.
Using a gift card or class credit?
For gift cards purchased via Laneway Learning’s Humanitix digital gift card page enter the gift code as per below during checkout:
If you have a PDF/paper gift card similar to LL7777 please email our team with your voucher or details. Note: we need up to 2 business days to process your request so please choose a class at least 2 days in the future!
Before you book
Please ensure you enter your email address accurately – this is where we will send your ticket, access links and other important information about the class.
Please read our terms and conditions. By purchasing a ticket or attending a class you agree to these terms and conditions.
All our classes are live only (not recorded).
If you can’t afford our classes but would still love to come, we would still love for you to come too! We are a not-for-profit community organisation and having you at our classes is what matters. We have introduced three different prices for our regular evening classes: $14 that covers all costs, $9 sponsored tickets for those struggling and $18 ‘pay it forward’ tickets. If you can afford it please select the full price or pay it forward so we can continue sponsoring others who can’t.
This class is delivered online via ZOOM:
- ZOOM is free to install on your Windows or Mac computer and also available as an app for your mobile/tablet device.
- You will need either the meeting link or both the meeting ID plus password. You don’t need to create an account to attend a meeting!
- If you are new to ZOOM please ensure you have downloaded and installed it in advance of the class.
- Here is a link to the ZOOM support site for a 1 minute tutorial on how to join a meeting.
- You can optionally join from a device with a camera and microphone.
Parts of this image are from Watercolor vector created by freepik www.freepik.com