This class has different price options for those affected by the pandemic, click the register button above and see the different options.
What’s it all about?
Pottery is fun but what about doing your own paper clay recycling old magazines and newspapers around the house? Double win! Paper clay has many advantages; it’s much lighter so it can be used for mobiles or ornaments, it’s quite easy to work with even for beginners and you can pretty much make it with things you already have at home!
In this class, we’ll also upcycle some used jars to make our own lovely vases, fairy houses or pencil holders.
What will we cover?
We’ll be learning about:
- Paper clay recipes and the difference with papier maché
- What materials work best and how to make the best paper clay
- Then we’ll get started on our recycled vases
What will you need?
- Newspapers, catalogues, leaflets… basically thin paper – cut these in pieces and put them a bowl with hot water a few hours before the class.
- Upcyled glass jars
- We won’t have time to paint the items in class but they can be painted with any acrylic or spray paint. If we have time, we’ll demo a few options for final touches and decorations.
Who will be teaching?
Maria Yebra has crafted many cute and weird things in her life from fox hoodies to bias tape planters, wax skulls and cat rings. She loves to upcycle and has an extensive collection of loved “junk” she plans to turn into something useful one day.